CIFS @ RHFH
The Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (Instituttet for Fremtidsforskning) is an independent, non-profit futures think tank – founded in 1969. We equip and inspire individuals and organisations, decision-makers and the public, to act on the future, today.
CIFS invites you to spend a day exploring trends and uncertainties within health and life sciences, working with concepts for navigating the future, and participating in interactive exercises that aim to build competencies in using the future for the betterment of society. Get hands-on experience with engaging tools and activities, designed to fortify the leadership skills you need to shape the future of health. CIFS has conducted applied foresight courses and workshops on the future of health with organisations such as:
- European Junior Doctors Association – introduction to the future of health and exploration of future requirements for physicians.
- Danish Diabetes Academy – introduction for post-docs scientists to the field of futures studies, trends impacting the field of health and science, and applied foresight methods and concepts.
CIFS Workshop: Hands on the Future
Monday 12 June – 9:30-16:30 (Room 209)
Applied Strategic Foresight in Healthcare (Futures methodologies course)
Health is often both defined and plagued by complexity, competing agendas, and short-term thinking, leaving systems and communities vulnerable to disruptions of all kinds. CIFS invites you to a whole-day session at Radical Health Festival Helsinki to join in exploring how futures thinking and methodologies can be employed across the health landscape to not only better manage and understand complexity, but also shape more favourable futures. Through interactive presentations and discussions, we seek to inspire and equip participants with tools and concepts for navigating futures that are uncertain but also full of potential.
Agenda and Activities – Full-day workshop
Presentation & Interactive Session: Applied Strategic Foresight in Healthcare (Futures methodologies course)
- This is an interactive session where Advisors from the Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies will share the tools they use in their everyday work and teach participants how to apply futures thinking and methodologies in their work
- Learn the process of exploring dynamics of change as the “bedrock” practice of strategic foresight, by understanding what drives change and exploring for novel developments, with a particular focus on the health sector
- Learn how to frame and develop robust alternative futures scenarios and discover alternative futures perspectives that have relevance for decision-making
- Learn how to identify and make sense of the uncertainties with the greatest impact on the future of health, by understanding the degree of uncertainty surrounding impactful strategic issues
- Scenario workshop
- Understand the value of working with future scenarios
- Learn how to build, engage with, and apply future scenarios in your everyday work
- Engaging presentations and interactive discussions on the future of healthcare and life sciences designed to inform, inspire, and engage
- Opportunities to learn how to use futures and foresight concepts and tools that can help you explore future uncertainties and developments on the horizon as well as navigate and shape the future health landscape
- Baseline competencies for working with the future in structured organisational settings and building futures literacy within the health space
Registration for this workshop is paid via the CIFS website. The course fee of 1350€ paid to CIFS, includes your registration to Radical Health Festival Helsinki, lunch on June 12 and a one-year subscription to CIFS’ online Farsight publication. Additional participants from the same organisation benefit from a 10% discount.
Register on the CIFS websiteRegister here
Registration cancellation and ticket transfer
Course registration is personally binding. Payment of the course registration fee is therefore non-refundable. However, up to 7 days prior to the scheduled course, you will be able to transfer your seat to one of your colleagues.
CIFS reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event if a minimum number of course registrations is not met. Participants´ expenses for transport, hotel, etc. will not be reimbursed by CIFS.